Somewhat less crowded than Wailea Beach, Polo Beach is formed from two sandy crescents in front of the Fairmont Kea Lani and Polo Beach Club.
This gorgeous, rocky beach is a favorite for locals and visitors on Maui and offers excellent sunset views and snorkeling when the conditions are calm.
Highly recommend for a relaxing day with friends and family.
Polo Beach Characteristics
Best Beach for: Lounging and Snorkeling
- Golden-white sandy beach
- Can be crowded – north end is busy with Fairmont guests while the south end tends to be less popular
- Somewhat calm conditions – south swell brings breaking waves and rip currents
- Great snorkeling around the rocky point on the north end (when water is calm)
- Great whale watching and sunset views
- Resort amenities, shopping and restaurants within walking distance
- Spa services offered near beach for resort guests
- Public restroom facilities, barbecue grills, picnic tables and small grassy area close to beach
- No lifeguards on duty
- Parking available in lot or on the street
Fairmont Kea Lani Resort, Polo Beach Club