Located in a convenient area of Wailea and only a short walk from the most popular resorts, Wailea Beach is a beautiful option for relaxed swimming and family-friendly fun.
While it can get crowded due to its close proximity to resorts, it is a scenic beach and the perfect place to try scuba diving from the shore, stand-up paddle boarding and more. The resorts have lawn chairs and umbrellas available for those staying with them. You can also rent kayaks, boards and gear from the beach.
Wailea Beach Characteristics
- Best Beach for: Family Fun and Water Sports
- Golden-white sandy beach
- Can be crowded – go to either end to enjoy more privacy and seclusion
- Calm conditions
- Shallow, sandy entrance
- Great for relaxed swimming, lounging, SUP and scuba diving
- Lowered visibility due to high traffic
- Great whale watching and sunset views
- Resort amenities, shopping and restaurants within walking distance
- Spa services offered near beach for resort guests
- No public restrooms – reserved for nearby resort guests
- No lifeguards on duty
- Parking available at resorts (validation or fee may be required)
Grand Wailea Resort, Four Seasons Maui, Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Wailea Beach Villas, Hotel Wailea (complimentary shuttle service provided for guests)
World Traveler, Digital Nomad, Small Business Enthusiast, and Lover of words! Originally from Austin, Texas, I’ve lived on Maui for many years. Currently in Los Angeles.