If you plan on staying in the South Maui area of Kihei, the beautiful Kama’ole Beach Parks are a must-do. Charley Young Beach, which sits at the north end of Kam I, is a great area for spending a day at the beach with the whole family. With restaurants at walking distance across the street and parking along the road, this is an easy access beach.
With easy entrances and a convenient location, Kam I and Charley Young provide everything you need for a successful day of fun in the sun. Below we’ve shared a few characteristics of this great Maui beach.
Kamaole Beach Park I Characteristics
- Best Beach for: Family Fun
- Golden sandy beach
- Can be very crowded, but large enough to spread out
- Calm conditions with possible breaking waves
- Great for relaxed swimming, lounging and beginner snorkeling
- Easy sand beach entrance
- Lowered visibility due to high traffic
- Great whale watching and sunset views
- Shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, condos and hotels within walking distance
- Public restroom facilities available
- Sand volleyball court, picnic tables
- Lifeguards on duty
- Parking available in lot or across the street
Maui Vista, Maui Coast Hotel, Mana Kai Maui Resort, Royal Mauian, Kihei Surfside, Aston at the Maui Banyan Resort
World Traveler, Digital Nomad, Small Business Enthusiast, and Lover of words! Originally from Austin, Texas, I’ve lived on Maui for many years. Currently in Los Angeles.
Leave a Reply