One of the last main beaches in Kihei, Kam III includes a giant beach park, barbecue facilities and playground, perfect for bringing the kids and enjoying a full day outdoors.
The park is the perfect place to set up a slip-n-slide during the day (as you’ll see often) and is a favorite hangout for locals and visitors alike.
Sunset here is something of a ritual. Locals in the area will make it a habit to visit this park every evening for bocce ball, food, and fun.
Kamaole Beach Park III Characteristics
- Best Beach for: Family Fun and Sunsets
- Golden sandy beach
- Can be crowded, smaller than Charley Young, Kam I and Kam II
- Calm conditions with possible breaking waves
- Great for relaxed swimming, lounging and snorkeling
- Lowered visibility due to high traffic
- Abundant underwater life at rocky point on south end of Kam III – corals, turtles, tropical fish
- Easy sand beach entrance with some rocks
- Great whale watching and sunset views
- Shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, condos and hotels within walking distance
- Public restroom facilities, barbecue grills, picnic tables and large grassy area
- Lifeguards on duty
- Parking available in lot or on the street
Kihei Shores, Days Inn Maui Oceanfront, Mana Kai Maui Resort, Kihei Kai Nani, Kihei Akahi, Aston Maui Hill, Aston at the Maui Banyan, Hale Kamaole Co-op.
Born and raised on Maui, I have a deep love for language and writing. At present, I work as a content writer at Hawaii Web Group, where I have the opportunity to showcase my passion for storytelling. Being a part of Hawaiian culture, storytelling holds a special place, and I am thrilled to be able to share the tales of the amazing people, beautiful locations, and fascinating customs that make Maui such an incredible place to call home.