In 1991, Kapalua Bay won the title of America’s Best Beach. With picturesque views, palm trees, golden sand and excellent swimming conditions, this is the kind of beach that comes to mind when you think of Hawaii.
If you want some shade, you need to get there early and know which way the sun travels. This is a great place for kids too. Grab your snorkeling and beach gear, a good chair and/or towel and spend a gorgeous day outdoors in West Maui.
Kapalua Beach Characteristics
- Best Beach for: Snorkeling and Lounging
- Golden-white sandy beach
- Can be very crowded
- Calm conditions with possible current and gentle breaking waves
- Great for snorkeling, swimming and scuba diving
- Lots of unique underwater life – corals, tropical fish, turtles
- Great for sunset views
- Nearby beach shack with snacks and drinks
- Public restroom facilities at top of trail
- No lifeguards on duty
- Parking available in front of beach path, back rows of Tennis Club or lot at end of Kapalua Place
The Ritz Carlton Kapalua, The Kapalua Villas, Napili Kai Beach Resort, Hale Napili, Outrigger Napili Shores Resort, Napili Sunset Beachfront Resort, Napili Surf Beach Resort