By far the most frequented beach in West Maui, Kaanapali’s “Black Rock” Beach is conveniently located within walking distance to many large resorts, restaurants and attractions.
Named America’s Best Beach in 2003, this popular hangout is famous for cliff jumping, snorkeling and scenic walks along the 3 mile shoreline. Grab your family and friends and enjoy a gorgeous day at this Maui staple.
Ka’anapali Beach Characteristics
- Best Beach for: Snorkeling and Cliff Jumping
- Golden-white sandy beach
- Can be very crowded, but large enough to spread out
- Typically calm conditions at both ends with possible strong currents and breaking waves
- Great for snorkeling, swimming and scuba diving
- Large sea turtle population and abundant underwater life
- Great for sunset views and whale watching
- Walking trail directly off of beach
- Nightly cliff diving ceremony
- Spa services offered near beach for resort guests
- Shopping, restaurants and resorts within walking distance
- Public restroom facilities in nearby Whalers Village
- No lifeguards on duty
- Parking available in paid lots or free spots available near blue Shoreline Access signs
- See more of the best beaches in Maui, Hawaii.
Kaanapali Beach Hotel, Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Kaanapali Alii, Honua Kai Resort & Spa, The Royal Lahaina Resort, The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, Kaanapali Beach Club, Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach, Kaanapali Ocean Inn, Outrigger Maui Eldorado
Born and raised on Maui, I have a deep love for language and writing. At present, I work as a content writer at Hawaii Web Group, where I have the opportunity to showcase my passion for storytelling. Being a part of Hawaiian culture, storytelling holds a special place, and I am thrilled to be able to share the tales of the amazing people, beautiful locations, and fascinating customs that make Maui such an incredible place to call home.