Made in Maui County Festival
When you see that Maui is throwing a festival with unique products before the holidays, mark it on the calendar. The Made in Maui Festival is a gem offering delicious food, beautiful products, and local entertainment on stage. Here’s our recap from the 2022 festival (this last weekend!)
We were again blown away by the variety and quality showcased this year at the MACC. Paintings, crafts, plants, woodworking, clothing, hot sauce, breads, cookies, sauces, coffee,… It goes on and on. This is the perfect festival to attend before Christmas shopping, whether you’re visiting or a local.
Some highlights: The Maui Cookie Lady, Shaka Pops, HI Spice, Mime Furniture, and so many more!
Maui Food Trucks
When entering, all the food trucks are parked on the lawn to the left, including Al’s BBQ Pit, Bang Um Out Grindz, Dope BBQ, and many more.
Highlight: We had a few plates from Pastele House including a garlic steak plate and a Hawaiian Lau Lau plate. Also, the poi mochi were incredible.
Schedule of Events
Though the event schedule changes each year, we thought sharing this year’s would be a good example moving forward:
- 8:30 am – Opening Announcements & Blessing
- 9:05 am – Featured Vendor – To Be Organics
- 9:30 am – Drawing for Festival Bucks #1
- 9:35 am – Ahumanu Performs
- 10:05 am – Featured Vendor – Protea Pendants
- 10:30 am – Drawing for Festival Bucks #2
- 10:35 am – George Kahumoku Jr Performs
- 11:30 am – Drawing for Festival Bucks #3
- 11:35 am – Featured Vendor
- 12:05 pm – Booth Decorating Contest Awards / Pasha Hawaii Certificate of Passage Winner #1
- 12:30 pm – Drawing for Festival Bucks #4
- 12:35 pm – Featured Vendor – FAM Hawaii
- 1 pm – Featured Vendor – Washed Up On Maui
- 1:30 pm – Drawing for Festival Bucks #5
- 1:35 pm – Jordan Soon Performs
- 2 pm – Featured Vendor – Maui Hali’a by Kristina Mekdeci
- 2:30 pm – Drawing for Festival Bucks #6
- 2:35 pm – Marty Dread Performs
- 3 pm – Featured Vendor – HumBOWbarks
- 3:30 pm – Drawing for Festival Bucks #7 / Pasha Hawaii Certificate of Passage Winner #2
- 4:30 pm – end of the festival.
Learn more and be ready for next year by visiting Made in Maui County Festival.
Born and raised on Maui, I have a deep love for language and writing. At present, I work as a content writer at Hawaii Web Group, where I have the opportunity to showcase my passion for storytelling. Being a part of Hawaiian culture, storytelling holds a special place, and I am thrilled to be able to share the tales of the amazing people, beautiful locations, and fascinating customs that make Maui such an incredible place to call home.
The Made in Maui County Festival was a blast as always! There were so many great food options, and the music was fantastic. I caught a few great performances by local artists, and it was awesome to see so many people out and about having a great time. The festival is always worth visiting, and I can’t wait for next year’s event!
The Made in Maui County Festival is a much anticipated event on the island every year. The festival showcases the best of what Maui had to offer, from food and art to music and culture. This year (2023), the festival did not disappoint. The booths were bustling with people, and the aromas of local cuisine filled the air. There was something for everyone at this festival, from children’s activities to live music performances. Another successful Made in Maui County Festival that left everyone looking forward to next year’s event. Can’t wait!