Napili Bay earns its spot as one of Maui’s most visited beaches for good reason. White sloping sand, turquoise water, and excellent swimming are just a few reasons to make this beach a must-see on your next visit to West Maui. While not visible from the street, you’ll know when you’ve arrived based on the amount of street traffic and cars parked in any nook and cranny possible.
Things to do at Napili Bay
Napili Bay’s Beach is perfect for swimming, sun tanning, and snorkeling. The outer reefs protect it from most swell directions, so you get gently lapping ripples and clear water. When large surf does happen to hit it head-on, there’s a little wave good for soft-tops and boogie boards. If you’re hungry, the Sea House Restaurant is fantastic and offers a great view of the entire beach.
Napili Bay Beach Characteristics
- One of our top Maui beaches for Swimming and Lounging
- Golden-white sandy beach
- Can get crowded
- Steep incline into the water at some points, but mostly calm conditions with possible breaking waves
- Great for snorkeling, swimming, and stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) on both sides of the bay
- Abundant coral and tropical fish
- Great for sunset views and possible whale watching (in season)
- Restaurants within walking distance
- No public restrooms – reserved for nearby condos and restaurant patrons
- No lifeguards on duty
- Street parking available – can be hard to find later in the day, so get here early!
There are plenty of options on this beach including: The Mauian Hotel, Napili Village, Napili Kai Beach Resort, Hale Napili, Outrigger Napili Shores Resort, Napili Sunset Beachfront Resort, Napili Surf Beach Resort, and around the corner is Napili Point Resort rentals.